Apply for the OCBC Public Scholarship 2017 today!
Closing Date: 30 June 2017 – Apply here
What is the OCBC Public Scholarship?
Since the 1970s, the OCBC Public Scholarship has been providing financial assistance to help bright and promising youths in achieving their ambitions.
Apart from financial assistance to support both tuition fees and daily living expenses, we also provide our scholars with priority internship opportunities to gain hands-on experiences while working on projects. (Source: OCBC)
Two categories of scholarship are offered. The annual value of each is as follows:
- RM12,000 per year per student who has gained admission into a selected Malaysian public university
- RM23,000 per year per student who has gained admission into a selected Malaysian private university
Nice! Who can apply for the OCBC Public Scholarship?
The OCBC Public Scholarship is specifically for:
- Malaysian citizen
- Minimum 7As in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM); or 5As in Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
- Minimum 2As in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM); or 2As in GCE A-Level
- Minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.50 in Matriculation/Foundation Studies
- Minimum CGPA of 3.50 for existing first year undergraduates
- Holds leadership positions in extra-curricular activities, societies and clubs in school/university
- Possesses a dynamic personality with excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- Must not be a recipient of any other scholarship or award from any other organisations and/or institutions
- Family household income of below RM 5,000 monthly
- Accountancy and Finance
- Business Administration
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Actuarial Science
Wow! What does an OCBC Scholar receive?
- Financial assistance to support both tuition fees and daily living expenses
- Priority internship opportunities to gain hands-on experiences while working on projects
- Graduating scholars will be engaged in Career Conversations to be better prepared when you enter the workforce
- Bond: All candidates will be required to avail themselves for employment at OCBC Bank. However, if for any reason the Bank decides this is not needed, or is unable to employ the candidate, it will duly release him or her from this requirement
I’m interested, where can I find out more?
Check out all the details about the OCBC Public Scholarship 2017 and eligibility here.
You can also find OCBC Bank on Facebook.
Alright, I’m ready to apply!
All the best! These are the documents you will need to prepare:
OCBC Public Scholarship Application Form (Complete with signature)
Copy of NRIC (Front & Back)
Passport size photograph (Blue background)
Curriculum Vitae (Including details on extra-curriculum activities, leadership and achievements)
Copy of SPM / UEC results
Copy of STPM / GCE A-Level / Matriculation results
Copy of MUET results (If available)
Copy of Year 1, Semester 1 academic transcript (For existing university students only)
Copy of relevant certificates of achievements, appreciations, appointments and/or participations in schools and/or university
Copy of parents/guardian’s pay slip or income declaration form
Copy of Parents / Guardian Income Tax (EA Form or J Form)
Your essay of 800 words on the topic: “Have you been in leadership positions in school/university? If yes, what are the biggest challenges you have faced and what have you learned from it?”
Email all of your scanned copy documents to [email protected] before the closing date!
Alternatively, you can also mail the documents to:
OCBC Public Scholarship MALAYSIA
OCBC Bank (Malaysia) Berhad
5th Floor, Wisma Lee Rubber, 1 Jalan Melaka, 50100 Kuala Lumpur
Attention: Eileen Saw
Closing Date: 30 June 2017
Looking for other scholarships? Maybe you’ll find the perfect one here.
Now, anyone can create a scholarship. Applications are now open for the Ibu Sri Sumiati Scholarship & Bapak Md Lahuri Scholarship (Culinary and Computer Engineering) and Inovastra Scholarship – may the odds be ever in your favour.